Haohong Duan, Associated Professor, doctoral Supervisor
2005-2009 B.Sc Degree of Department of Chemistry, Beijing University (Supervisor: Prof. Chunhua Yan)
2009-2014 Ph.D. Degree of Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University (Supervisor: Prof. Yadong Li)
2015-2018 Postdoc fellow in Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford (Cooperative Supervisors: Prof. Dermot O’Hare and Prof. Edman Tsang)
Since 2019 Associated Professor in Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
Principles of General Chemistry
Awords and Honors
2014 Excellent doctoral dissertation of Tsinghua University
2014 Outstanding PhD graduate of Tsinghua University
2021 Qingshan Science and Technology Award
12. Luo, L., Li, Z.,* Duan, H.* et al. Selective Photoelectrocatalytic Glycerol Oxidation to Dihydroxyacetone via Enhanced Middle Hydroxyl Adsorption over Bi2O3-incorporated Catalyst, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2022, DOI: 10.1021/jacs.2c00465 (Front Cover)
11. Ge, R., Duan, H.* et al. Selective Electrooxidation of Biomass-Derived Alcohols to Aldehydes in a Neutral Medium: Promoted Water Dissociation over a Nickel-Oxide-Supported Ruthenium Single-Atom Catalyst, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2022, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202200211
10.Li. Z., Duan, H.* et al. Alcohols Electrooxidation Coupled with H2 Production at High Current Densities Promoted by a Cooperative Catalyst, Nat. Commun. 2022, 13:147
9. Li. Z., Duan, H.* et al. Photoelectrocatalytic C–H halogenation over an oxygen vacancy-rich TiO2 photoanode. Nat. Commun. 2021, 12:6698
8. Zhou, H., Duan, H.* et al. Selectively upgrading lignin derivatives into carboxylates through electrochemical oxidative C(OH)-C bonds cleavage by a Mn-doped cobalt oxyhydroxide catalyst. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 8976-8982
7. Zhou, H., Duan, H.* et al. Electrocatalytic upcycling of polyethylene terephthalate to commodity chemicals and H2 fuel. Nat. Commun. 2021, 12, 4679
6. Cui, T., Zhang, J.,* Duan, H.,* Wang, D.,* et al. Atomically Dispersed Pt−N3C1 Sites Enabling Efficient and Selective Electrocatalytic C−C Bond Cleavage in Lignin Models under Ambient Conditions. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 9429-9439.
5. Duan, H., Li J.,* Tsang, S.,* O’Hare, D.* et al. Molecular nitrogen promotes catalytic hydrodeoxygenation. Nat. Catal. 2019, 2, 1078-1087.
4. Duan, H., Tsang. S.,* O’Hare, D.* et al. Hydrodeoxygenation of water-insoluble bio-oil to alkanes using a highly dispersed Pd-Mo catalyst, Nat. Commun. 2017, 8:591.
3. Duan, H., Li, J.,* Stamenkovic, V.,* Li, Y.* et al. High-performance Rh2P electrocatalyst for efficient water splitting, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139 (15), 5494-5502.
2. Duan, H., Wang, D.,* and Li. Y.* Green chemistry for nanoparticle synthesis, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2015, 44 (16), 5778-5792.
1. Duan, H., Li. J.,* Li, Y.* et al. Ultrathin rhodium nanosheets, Nat. Commun. 2014, 5: 3093.